Total Views

Thursday, July 28, 2016

To London, with Love (Part 1)

Heathrow Airport

'Welcome to London', the security guard said the moment I was about to step out of Heathrow Airport.

'You will fall in love with this city', he kept on talking while I just kept on looking here and there trying to absorb the fact that I was finally in London.

The sun was shining and there was this excitement within, I was happy because I really wanted a change in my life and wanted to start anew but then there was this fear that it is a new place, new people and not knowing what to expect. But yes, that's when I fell in love with London the City.

The taxi dropped me few streets away from the university accommodation and I had no clue where to go so I asked the first person I saw in the street about where to go. He looked at me for a few seconds, took out his phone and started typing the address in google maps.

It will take you 5-10 minutes to reach your destination, let me help you.' he said.

Then suddenly he picked up my bag and asked me to come behind him. At first I thought he was gonna run away with my luggage but he did not, and actually took me all the way to my university accommodation, right in front of the hall put my bag down. I said thanks.

He just smiled at me, said, 'Welcome to London'. Shook my hands and went away. I was extremely surprised and it hit me how nice people could be here. Over the year and half I can say I wasn't wrong but that was when I fell in love with the people of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog