Total Views

Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Favorite Memory of Edward Ranzen

Memories

Written By: Fatima Haroon

‘On March 14, 1999, around 8:00 a.m., I awoke to the soothing sight of snowfall, some of it falling and then accumulating on my external window pane,’ wrote the lady in black.  She sighed out of grief and then continued with her piece of writing.  ‘I decided to sneak out for a bit before I had to attend to my wedding preparations.  After all, a little snow flake or two is not going to hurt a bride on her big day.  So, I quickly put my slippers on and ran towards the door.  I was about to turn the door knob when my mother came out of the kitchen and asked me where I was running off to at 8:00 a.m. in the morning.  “It’s snowing, mother and you know how much I love snow, especially bright and early in the morning.”  My mother chuckled and asked me to check the window in the living room and in the kitchen.  Looking through those windows, I was stunned to see that it was not snowing at all.  “I think I am losing my mind with the whole wedding preparations, I guess.”  My mother laughed and asked me to go outside and check my room’s window from outside.  It was when I was standing outside my bedroom’s window and looked up on the roof that I could see Edward, pouring that beautiful snow out of a portable snow machine. “What a wonderful pre-wedding surprise from the best fiancée ever,” I said to myself, giving a toothy smile to him.  This is my favorite memory of Edward Ranzen.  He will always be remembered and loved.  We miss you Edward, and we love you,’ concluded the sobbing widow, as she finished writing the funeral speech for her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog