Total Views

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

How to see Happiness and be Happy?!



I was in a bad mood, literally.

We came out after offering Eid prayer at the mosque. While we were locating our parked car I saw beggars surrounding a man. These were a woman and her three little kids. They wanted Eidi and that man gave them 10 rupees each. I was turning back when I heard them saying: ' Aaj toe mazay hogaey' pretty sure they had a huge grin on their faces.. I ignored but they were happy and they were smiling.
..........................

We were on the way to our Village when Tamur, my youngest brother started driving the car. We all weren't happy with this. It was hot and we were getting late, but Papa didn't listen and Tamur drived all the way. We all were telling him to drive fast, asking Papa to drive himself at least, but Tamur kept quiet. When we reached home, he looked the most satisfied person, he was happy, the smile on his face told itself.
..........................



We had to stop our car because the main road was blocked. There was a donkey race going on. People who were participating looked really excited. It amazed me: This was Ed, shouldn't they be with their families? While taking photos I asked one of the participants the same question: 'Bhai Iss race ka toe ham poora saal intizaar karte hain, jeetne par itna inaam b milay ga' It felt strange, I went back.. He looked happy, a big smile on his face told me.
..........................

This Kid in the village was crying so hard. His elder brother had slapped him and snatched his Eidi. He was wearing glasses, wrist watch, a handkerchief  in his hand. His brother ran away. I stood there noticing, the shopkeeper gave him two toffees and that kid was smiling within seconds, forgetting about his Eidi. He was happy, genuinely happy with a smile on his face.
..........................



What is happiness actually?! Is it just satisfaction? Excitement? Is it the feeling of success or is it just a feeling of achieving what you want?

Why cant we be always happy? Maybe because we don't want to he happy? Or maybe we only want ourselves to be happy? We actually tend to forget that actual happiness is to see others happy and make them happy. I had a bad day, but just before going to bed that night I thought about all that happened. How much that Eidi would have meant to the kids in front of the mosque. How much proud Tamur would have felt that he can drive like all of us now. How happy that person with a donkey was for the race, thinking he could win. How kids forget sadness within minutes to move towards new happiness.

I could have been different. Instead of ignoring those kids I could have made them smile more, how much it would have meant to them. I could have bucked up Tamur instead of showing my discontent.  how much it would have meant to him. I could have wished the donkey man luck, how much it would have meant to him. I could have been the one to make that kid happy.

I could have made my self happy but I just didn't. Because I was selfish, I wanted me to be happy when I had so many chances to be happy.. We all can be happy, its so easy. We just have to look around and find happiness instead of waiting for it to come. Its easier said than done, but we can try.

6 comments:

  1. smile to the world and the world will smile back to you :) -Happiness is cost less, so why not spread it with an open heart. <3 Speaking good and smiling is a charity, so why not do it daily :) Good one Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. & what I will take away from this- find happiness, don't wait for it to find me. Thank you brother, happiness was needed today, happiness was found :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than a few typos and grammatical errors this is an amazing piece of work! Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous: This was typed and posted from the cellphone so pardon the typos (which, I found only one) and the grammatical errors If you find any please let me know, correction is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. read this in a pretty crappy mood... fixed my mood up.. really it worked..!! =)
    what i learnt from this written material is "only you are responsible for making yourself happy"
    thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Search This Blog