Total Views

Monday, July 25, 2022

Happy Place

 



Happy Place!

What is a happy place? It is perfection? Some people say it’s day on the beach, some people say view of the mountain, for others it is a rainy day, for some it is spending a day with their loved one or their family.

My happy place is this, when I am at peace with myself, I have time to think and observe and write, to scribble my thoughts. I have always been a happy writer, even if I am writing about sad things. When I am happy, when I am content, I write. It is just s serene feeling. For sure it is when I am not overthinking. That’s all. Plain and simple. There is always so much on my mind, always one problem or the other, getting out of one tough situation and falling, no wait, literally jumping into the other. Last year or so has been really tough, in every way imaginable.

There haven’t been many days where I could just sit and think to myself, wow, life is normal. Things are normal. It’s just a normal day. I can literally count days when I was at peace. When there are a lot of things on your mind then you begin to depreciate the simple things in life as well.  

I missed my happy place, it is impossible to think that the last time I wrote something was almost a year ago, I just cannot wrap my head around that. It is impossible to think that the last time I listened to music was well, a very long time ago, last time I went out to spend a day just exploring was ages ago. Last time I was able to appreciate or do the small, simple things that are there. Looking at the sun shining bright, looking at a bird flying, looking at the clouds moving, people smiling.

But that’s life, it is tough, no complains. It has taught me a lot of lessons, it throws you under the bus but then gives you the opportunity to learn and move on, it teaches you that you cannot look for happiness long term, well you can look, but you cannot expect it to last.

I have learnt to take it one day at a time, I mean just try to give myself time, just me, myself, my thoughts. That is what I am doing right now, I know this is a temporary feeling, I know it won’t last, but right now, at this time, it is my happy place and I hope next time won’t be that long a wait!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog