Total Views

Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Unthinkable.

Pakistani Women

Written by: Anonymous. 

It's the eighth day and that girl still whirls around my mind. I don't know how to put it but that incident is not going to leave me and it haunts me every day. Literally, every night I have nightmares and some nights, I won't sleep.

It was around 10 o' clock of the night when me and my sister got free and got out of the clinic to make our way home but in the way we had to stop to collect the valuables from my sister's office which we left there. We decided to walk because it was only a-five-minute walk. As we took a turn we came around the road where Maisonette hotel is located. It was quiet and dark. We felt unsafe and therefore we started reciting Quranic verses. There was a car parked right in front of the hotel and a driver was talking to someone on the phone and after seconds he cut it and walked towards the car. He opened the passenger door and said ''ready ho? Chalo bahir niklo.'' I passed that car from an inch away. He helped a girl out who was poorly drugged and was stumbling and from what I saw couldn't walk without a support. She was taken into that hotel. Next thing I know, we were walking fast, hands in hands and reciting kalmas. I was shocked and shivering and I just couldn't do anything about it. I felt hopeless. I saw that girl from two feet away. I just couldn't do anything. We were alone on that street and I felt so scared. I was almost crying.

I don't care if people say that, that girl could be there with her consent, I just know that was illegal. Something totally unacceptable is happening in our country and no one is doing anything about it. That five star hotel's owner, I wonder how does she sleep peacefully every night.. I don't understand, why those guards are standing outside the hotel? What exactly are they guarding? I am so scared now that I don't want to leave my house. It's not like I wasn't aware of all that's happening around us, but experiencing it, seeing all of it with my own eyes has just shattered me. I have tried to stay calm but I can't. Every night, I sleep with tears in my eyes that how easily our motherland is being ruined.

Mitti mein mil jaynge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog