Total Views

Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Story of Rigging

Azadi March PTI

Note: I just have 20 minutes free so will try and write it as fast and short as possible hope it helps you guys open your eyes.

I still remember that day, because it was the worst day of my life. I never wanted to talk about it openly but here is the time, I guess the perfect time to talk about it.

Election day! How much I was excited only I and the people who were around me know that.

I had campaigned for PTI for months, being a PTI TR. Going door to door, convincing people to vote, on social networks convincing people, arguing with people on the streets among family and friends, writing blog posts, even forcing people to come and vote from countries like USA, Norway, Korea, China, I absolutely tried my best for it.

Anyways, let's come to the real story. My vote was registered at my Village which is almost 2 hours away from my city. PTI's candidate from that constituency was Jahangir Tareen you people may well know about him very well.

We reached our village in the morning, my uncle* (not telling the exact relation, sorry) who was the Numberdaar* (leader, chaudhry or wadera whatever you wanna call it) was supporting PMLN so he asked us all to vote for PMLN.

My dad said that my children have come here to vote for PTI they even convinced me to stop supporting PMLN so we all will vote for PTI. My uncle argued a lot, even said okay you can vote for PTI for the National Assembly seat but you all should vote for PMLN for the provincial assembly. The debate kept on going for an hour my dad agreed with him, but I told my dad that no matter WHAT seat you have to vote for PTI.

My other cousins and uncles and aunts came to our village, they all were PMLN supporters but everyone was like okay Raafay we are voting for PTI just because of your convincing, they better not disappoint us.

We went to vote then, my uncle was sitting with the officers there. They told me he was allowed to sit there, I kept quiet.

I talked to some people there they all said we wanna vote for Imran Khan but we are scared.

There were camps of different parties outside the polling station and I swear ALL of the people present there were at the PTI camp.

Anyways we voted for PTI, there was no restriction on anyone, according to the ECP rules only one person was allowed to enter the voting booth but there were several people at a time, I saw one person having 7 papers he so proudly showed everyone he was voting 7 votes for PMLN and that if anyone has the courage to stop him he can. (I made the video of him saying and doing everything). And my uncle, the RO, the policemen, the people they were all looking at him and laughing doing nothing.

I was so shocked. I called PTI TR headquarters and told them what was happening here. They asked me to come back to them with the video to Multan. I went back home with the video, my next duty was to take women and children and people who could not travel themselves to the polling stations and help and guide them to vote.

We had to do it on our own cars, I kept on taking people from one polling station to others, from their homes to other the camps and from camps to polling stations took me almost 3 hours in all this.

I rushed back to my village now it was almost 5:30 pm when I reached the polling station there, remember the polling was extended by ONE hour, for reasons only known to angels.

And my word what do I see!

Almost 7 people (Including my uncle) with sticks and guns in their hands , had the ballet box open and they were checking the votes of, one person was voting non stop for placing stamps on them. 

There were votes papers tore into pieces here and there on the floor ALL of them were PTI votes. I went there and started literally shouting at them, what are you doing, I am gonna report you this and that.

There were people standing outside to vote but they were told to go back home and that their votes will be counted they don't need to worry.

The RO who were supposed to be responsible for voting were sitting having food and tea without any concerns, I went to them and said the same things, they told me they had ORDERS from above not to do anything and it will be better for me if I leave.

I took their pics, tried making the videos. Suddenly two people came towards me and tried to snatch away my phone, I tried running away and they started beating me with sticks, kicks.

My uncle said let him go, so they let me go.

I called the PTI center again, told them everything they said they have submitted the video already and that they had almost around 23 videos and several hundred pics of rigging.

I came back home. Submitted all the evidence, so dis-hearted.

Switched on the TV! Around 9 PM what do I see, Nawaz Sharif giving his victory speech :O

The total seats counted (non official results) at that time were 33. JUST 33 out of a total of 364 or some seats. Among wihch PTI had 7 and PMLN had won 13 at that time.

SO SHOCKED I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES.

WHAT THE HELL WAS HAPPENING I ASKED MY DAD.
He told me, beta this is Pakistan, anything can happen here.

Later the seat where I had voted. All the TV channels including GEO. ARY and AAJ these were the ones I can remember accurately showing Jahangir Tareen WINNING the seat by a lead of 78000-28000 votes. They all were like lets stop discussing about this seat and move on to the other ones, as this is done and decided.

I STATED SMILING FINALLY. AT LEAST PTI IS WINNING FROM WHERE I VOTED. (Imran Khan was winning his seat from Lahore at the same time as well which he lost in the morning only god knows how.)

I slept a little happy, felt consolidated.

I woke up the next day and read the news... PMLN wins the seat by a margin of 88000 to 78000 votes.

I FELT THE SAME ALL OVER AGAIN. SO SHOCKED. WHAT THE HELL DID JUST HAPPEN? DID ANGELS COME AND VOTED FOR PMLN?

Like PMLN got 60000 votes and PTI didn't even get a single vote more? Can you believe this.

I could not even talk for two days after that, I almost was kidnapped (thankfully survived) because I gave evidences against my own uncle.

Jahangir Tareen is still seeking justice for his seat, has spent almost 2,000,000 rupees in all the procedure (WHICH WAS TO BE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS according to the constitution) It has been 14 months now, 14 MONTHS.

So now tell me! Where is PTI wrong in asking for RECOUNTING AND JUSTICE?

It amazes me! Like PTI asks for justice, free and fair elections, reforms! And people reply back what have you done in KPK? I mean this is something worth laughing and crying at the same time!

The point is A GOVERNMENT CAME INTO BEING BY COMPROMISING VOTES. BY UNFAIR MEANS. BY CHEATING and you ask what has PTI done in one year? I mean how does PTI not doing or doing anything makes the rigging, cheating justifiable?

I don't care what anyone says! I saw rigging, I suffered, I was hurt and disappointed, I tried my best to change Pakistan, I voted for change!

I DON'T CARE ABOUT NAWAZ SHARIF OR EVEN IMRAN KHAN.

Okay we can argue on what party has done what in one year, okay you can call the most partiotic Pakistani an Isreali ageint. Okay you can hate someone and like some party it is your choice, but you CANNOT justify the wrong that happened. I saw it with my own eyes, I didn't just sit there and tweet or watched TV that day, I tried my best!

Don't you dare tell me I don't have the right to seek justice.

I DON'T ASK FOR ANYTHING ELSE.

I WANT JUSTICE. IT IS MY RIGHT! I saw my dream shattered.

I want justice! FOR MY VOTE. FOR ALL THE VOTES WHICH WERE COMPROMISED IN FRONT OF MY OWN EYES.

Jbtw, all the evidence I and other submitted was given as a proof to Election Commission of Pakistan and included in the White Paper that PTI published last year.

But NOTHING has happened uptill now. NOTHING.

May God bless us and help us think and see things clearly and put some common sense in our sleepy brains. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog