Total Views

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Are You Pakistani ?

By Ha-Meem, France.


Something amazing happened to me ! I was to meet someone at GrDF office. I presented myself at the reception asking her to call the person I was about to see. The recptionist a young caribean lady make a call then asked me to wait for the person's arrival. And it's when it happened. She asked me if I was Pakistani. With a Smile on my face a replied back : Yes. Then she said : "Well, then if you prefer I can also communicate in Urdu with you ?"
I looked straight to her. I imagine, i must have displayed that stupid face when i do not understand a joke. Really, i was shocked !

- "Urdu ?? " , I mumbled.
- Yes, I have learned a bit ! she modestly replied.
- What ? That's fantastic ! pupil do seldom choose this language for their studying option...
And she finished to surprise me declaring that she learned it all by herself...

- Oh really ? How?
- Books, films, friends, etc .
- Wao ! Just Wao ! and then we switched into Urdu till I was called to attend my meeting.

on my way back I couldn't think of anything else but this girl who learned the language i had inherited. A language i never so much cared about. But there in Paris, conversing like that with a foreigner in my mothertongue just made my day. And I realised that I was gifted a language which has aprice to others.

2 comments:

Translate

Search This Blog