Total Views

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Death - May We Welcome Thee

Saint and Satan
Written By: Hasaan Arshad

I, a boy, walked.
Walked, from my house.
Away from it.
Leaving it Behind.
Not Forever, mind you.
Just a little adventure....of sorts.
As I continued my journey.
I met a traveler.
Clad in black, he was.
Middle-aged, he was
A black hood, he had.
He stopped me, and asked me.
>Can I follow you?
I was surprised.
A sudden question.
Doubts, arose in my mind.
But I was interested.
I let him be, and walked.
He followed.
For some time, we walked.
I looked back.
The man wasn't following me.
But, it was a child.
Clad in black, he was.
Very young, he was.
A black hat, he had.
He looked at me.
I looked at him.
A short meeting of eyes.
Then, I walked.
He followed.
For some time, we walked.
I looked back.
The boy wasn't following me.
But, it was a woman.
Clad in black, she was.
Very old, she was.
A black hood, she had.
She looked at me, and smiled.
I was scared now.
But I walked.
She followed.
For some time, we walked.
I looked back.
The woman wasn't following me.
But, it was Nothing.
I sighed.
Perhaps, it was a demon.
I looked ahead.
I continued my walk.
Reaching the crosswalk, I stopped.
I was about to check for incoming cars.
When, I was brushed aside.
It was a little girl.
Colorful clothes, she had.
Laughing and Smiling, she was.
She ran ahead of me.
I smiled at her innocence.
Then, IT happened.
Death.
A truck ran over the innocent girl.
Blood.
It sprayed on my face.
It sprayed on my clothes.
It sprayed on the ground, on which I stood.
I was shocked.
Closed my eyes, I did.
Covered my face with my hands, I did.
Cried, I did.
>Mister...Why are you crying?
I looked ahead.
And saw, not Death.
But, the Little Girl.
I was amazed.
I looked behind me.
There was no man.
There was no boy.
There was no old woman.
I looked right and left.
Then, I looked across the street.
An old woman, clad in black, was walking away.
She looked back.
And I could see the faintest of smiles.
Death....Are you really a foe?
Or, Are you a misunderstood Angel??
I walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog