Total Views

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Humans of New York in Pakistan (Part 4)

Humans of New York in Pakistan
"When I'm bored, I call up Radio Pakistan and request a song, then I start dancing. I'll even dance on a rainy day. It's my way of expressing how grateful I am. I am the happiest man in Pakistan."

(Passu, Pakistan)

Humans of New York in Pakistan
“Sorry, my English is not good. I’m here to climb mountains. I left my husband and sweet childrens back in Austria.” 

(Hunza Valley, Pakistan)

Humans of New York in Pakistan
"I just found out we've been evicted. Right after you leave, I'm going to start packing up. I've got to find my family a new place to live by tonight. The landlady is a good woman. She's just in a tough situation. Her disabled son lost his home. I'll handle it. I've been through worse."

(Hunza Valley, Pakistan)

Humans of New York in Pakistan
“My life is on repeat, every day. This area is surrounded by water, but my village has no access, so every morning I make a two-hour trek to the glacier so we have something to drink. During the day I work to maintain this road. I get $100 a month. In the winter, I make daily trips to cut wood so we can stay warm. I can’t leave this land because it’s all I have. There is no happiness or sadness in my life. Only survival.”

(Passu, Pakistan)

Humans of New York in Pakistan
“He’s a very respectful husband. He’s different from a lot of the men in this region. He never stops me from voicing my opinions. And if he ever notices me walking down the road, there’s always hot tea and apricot cake waiting when I arrive.”

(Passu, Pakistan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog