Total Views

Monday, August 17, 2015

Human of New York in the other Pakistan


Written By: Hana Wali for Dawn News. Link to the original article is given below.

Quite a few pictures from Pakistan on the popular photoblog Humans of New York’s (HONY) have recently been recovered.

According to sources, Brandon Stanton, who was recently in Pakistan publishing heart-warming images from the country on HONY’s Facebook page, had deleted a few sets of images.

While the pictures that have been published on the HONY page are being praised for promoting an alternative Pakistan, these unseen images give us even more insight into the country’s hidden treasures.


“What’s your most favourite thing in the world?”
“My mother left this for me in her will.”
(Karachi, Pakistan)


“Tell me about yourself”
“Right now… I am a Mughal Princess. Sometimes that’s all a girl needs to be.”
“What about politics?”
“Politics is what made me feel like a Mughal Princess. The dress just helps complete the story.”
(Karachi, Pakistan)


“The best moments in our lives take place when I get to show her all the times my face is printed in a newspaper. I don’t want to boast but I’ve managed to stay in the news because of one thing or the other fairly regularly. Even the Prime Minister’s face isn’t printed as often as mine.”
(Bani Gala, Pakistan)


"Just like Pakistan, I have been waiting for a white blogger with absolutely no clue about how things function in our neck of the woods, to come and show my softer side as well."
(Nine Zero [via Skype], Pakistan)


"Sometimes I feel bullied and there's sadness in my heart. That's when I try to ensure that I have burned a good number of tyres and Israeli flags. I'm not a pyromaniac or anything... the flames just soothe me."
(Peshawar, Pakistan)


“I have always been called a lota because there's a coolness and freshness about everything that I do. It's the biggest compliment anyone can give someone in Pakistan. Because a lota is what you need in your loneliest hours, when you can't even ask your closest people for help.”
(Rawalpindi, Pakistan)


"Pakistanis really look up to me. I'm called Mr. 10% and that's barely the amount of effort they put into things. Can you imagine what this country could do had I been more than 10%? The possibilities make me smile."
(Bilawal House, Pakistan)


"I orchestrated the 1857 mutiny 91 years before I was born."
(Multan, Pakistan)



“The thing I hate the most is when I'm not allowed finish something. Whether it's my bowl of bong paye or my term as elected prime minister."
(Raiwind, Pakistan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog